Categories for Completed Projects
For completed projects, the award will be presented in the following categories. All categories are open to practices of all sizes and there is no limit to the amount of categories you can enter, however one project cannot be entered in two different categories. Please see How to Enter for more details on entries.
– Commercial (Retail & Wholesale, Office & Business, Production)
– Public (Sport & Leisure, Education, Health, Mixed-use, Hospitability)
– Rural Projects, Public Spaces (including squares and streets) and Landscapes, Urban Projects
– Old and New (Regeneration, Restoration, Renovation, Reuse, and Adaptation)
– Religion, Civic Transportation, and Community Based Projects
– Interior Architecture
– Future Projects/Innovative Designs
This category is a celebration of excellence design-only, future or uncompleted projects including entries of regional/ international competitions, that meet the following conditions. We will be looking to champion creation and concept that has pushed its specific typology forward and proven a holistic and effective approach. Also:
• The site of the project is located in the continents, having rich ecological, cultural, historical or physical characteristics and features.
• Has Focused on responsive design, having addressed, challenged or responded to an architectural-related issue (physical, ecological, sociocultural, contextual, technical and..).
• It is based on local or regional studies.
• Introduces or represents an innovative design vision / approach.
Please note that:
• Future project category covers all eligible entries, regardless of the project program and subject.
• Except for the date of completion, this category covers and follows the same regulations and procedure for submission as built project categories.
Rules, Conditions and the procedure of the 2ACAA 2021
- 2A Continental Architectural Awards [2ACAA 2021] is one-stage entry.
- The Entry is open to all professional entrants, i.e., Individual architects, urban designers, urban planners, landscape architects, multi-professional teams and Architectural firms and offices.
- Other associated bodies, e.g., clients, developers, contractors, may also enter on behalf of the architect, with their consent.
- Join projects between universities and industry are eligible to participate in the competition.
- The first stage Entries include two Sheets, introducing the project, in A3 size (Maximum 10 MB Each File of the Panel).
- The candidate projects of The First Stage Entry will be notified by email as well as will be announced in the 2A magazine website.
- All projects should have been completed on or after 01 January 2010. For Future Projects/Innovative Design category entries, the design dates should not be older than 2010.
- The Future project category covers all eligible entries, regardless of the project program and subject.
- All Projects should have been built /located in countries of Asia in 2A Asia Architecture Award and also the same rule for other continents.
- Participants can submit multiple projects under one website account, and there is no limit on the number of submitted projects.
- Each project can be applied only to a single category of the Award. In other words, one project cannot be submitted under two different categories.
- Winner projects of the previous 2ACAA are not eligible to participate in the 2ACAA 2021.
- First round is free of Cost. However, on successful selection of the submission as Candidate’s Project participant has to pay
(For each Project: € 149)
- Organizing Committee holds right to change/replace jury member.
Note 1: If you have any problem submitting your project to our website please contact us at: email@example.com